Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fifteen.

birthday |ˈbərθˌdā|
noun
the annual anniversary of the day on which a person was born, typically treated as an occasion for celebration and present-giving : I'm getting a dollhouse for my birthday | [as adj. ] a birthday cake | the birthday boy.
• the day of one's birth : she shares a birthday with Paul McCartney.
• the anniversary of something starting or being founded : the staff celebrated the twenty-fifth birthday of the paper.

Someone's birthday should celebrate their birth, and not include their death in that. Please remember that Jeydon did LIVE and no matter how few days or years, he did make a life-lasting impact that will never be faltered.

Picture: Candles lit inside a pretty little bowl where Jeydon's place would have been at our family table. Where do I start, let me say yesterday was extremely bittersweet! I never thought that one missing person from such a large table could make it feel just so damn empty. It was hard watching all my little cousins play, knowing that Jeydon was not here, and that he really was in Heaven. I kept standing there, watching the fireworks up in the sky thinking to myself Is he really up there?

Is this really forever?

We always, always, always had cupcakes for our birthday because having ONE cake wouldn't be fair enough, and having TWO would be "insane" as our mother always put it. So cupcakes it is! :) I recieved nice gifts and really sweet cards {cards have always been my favourite} but I still felt that gap in my heart, knowing there was no gifts for Jeydon, I'm sure he recieved plenty in Heaven! My parents did get Jeydon a little something that we plan on planting beneath the tree when get back home in the next few weeks. Jeydon always loved his birthday and ours was really celebrated after his diagnosis, knowing what could happen at any minute. His diagnosis was a terrible thing, but as people say "with all bad comes good" and it did come with some good, believe it or not. It taught us to live in this moment and to cherish everything before us, no matter how little and that the best moments in live are the ones spent with those we love. But most importantly, it taught us to everyday live a little better, love a little deeper and laugh a hell of a lot louder. I think somehow, someway, Jeydon already knew those lessons and his job directly from God was to teach us those very sacred life lessons as his mission. Like some kind of "messanger" he was brought here to teach us through love, laughter and even tears and heartbreak. We all have a mission in life and it only took Jeydon just over 14 years to complete that! I say job well done kid!!!!

When he was young, Jeydon thought that the fireworks every year on the 4th were for him! hahaha. He never pieced the hoilday and his birthday falling on that exact day together, how cute is that? But what a show our uncle Dan put on yesterday for almost 5 hours woo! I am sure Jeydon got a good glimpse at them from the best seat in the house and I am sure there was no bugs up there lol! Last year on the 4th we were all at home and having a GREAT time by the pool with our friends, and Jeydon's health was at its best then along with the one year he spent in remission. Who would have thought one year later he'd be gone???

This year, along with many other years in the future, was hard but it was not spent in vain. It was hard when everyone sang happy birthday to only me, but we did sing to Jeydon afterward while we sent balloons up to Heaven's sky for him to catch. It almost feels as if Jeydon was cheated out of a simple birthday. Something he should have been here to celebrate for, not been so far away that we'd have to cry for him. He was SO excited about turning 15, because it was sooooo close to the big '16' and he couldn't wait to drive. Now, that's something he'll never get to do. DAMN! How unfair. It's hard to look back 12 months and say that was his last birthday here on earth, but I am so glad that it was filled with happy memories to carry along through the rest of my years without him. I am so glad nobody knew that was his last birthday, God made him so healthy and filled with happiness that last year. But it still hurts to think about how many more birthdays i'll spend without him.

Vacation update.
All is extremely well! The weather has been amazingly kind here in VA and the beach is just simply gorgeous!! There was a few highlights that i'll make quick note of here.

Great People Not that we have horrible people in the UK, but it's just so nice to know that the length we've traveled has still brought us good people. So kind and patient. Especially when it comes to giving much needed directions LOL!

Sephora Need I say more? I think my pictures will do good talking.




I know what you're thinking, she's obsessed! Yes, with Juicy Couture, obsessed would be a most proper way to put it :)

Sights! WOW, everythings beautiful! Especially through my lens, but that simply does no justice to this lovely little place. The beaches are crystal clear waters with soft soothing sands, mmm! Wish you were here!

Havaianas Just AWW. My niece of 2 two years, Piper, looks just DARLING in them. I need pictures of her chubby little baby feet!


STAY TUNED!!!

Kyler xx.

1 comment:

  1. Kyler,
    I thought about all of you over the weekend and hoped/worried that all would go "ok"... It will I'm sure always be a diffrent day for you now. But you'll never truely be w/out him. I read something today and I thought of you. I'll post it later when I have more time. I have to get ready and go home and get ready for bible study 2nite..

    Have a good holiday in the states..

    Candy

    ReplyDelete