Friday, July 10, 2009

My Own Two Hands.



The Jeydon that left the hospital one month ago tomorrow was not the Jeydon that I knew. He needed to be carried to his wheelchair, then pushed in it, gently. When it was time to get into the car my father had to put him in there in the backseat but not where he always sat. He had to lay on all three seats with blankets and pillows, his favorite blanket was held in his own two hands.

I sat in the back of the car and watched him painfully try to find peace in his sleep, which was hard. We brought an IV pole home with us, which had never been done before in our ten years in-and-out of treatment, that stayed in our bedroom becide his bed. He was required to be on contant fluids since he had not eaten on the 11th of June and his morphine drip for the severe pain {mostly bone pain, which I might add is horrific} Try to imagine cancerous cells rapidly dividing in your spongy bone marrow, multiplying so extensively it pushes through the marrow into your bones, body and blood. Yeah, now thats hell. But you actually can't imagine it, not even I can after ten years. Ten years.



{'Cause I keep promises.} Lovely Miss Piper's Feet

K xx.

ATTN:
Tomorrow we leave for Bahamas and I am almost 100% sure that I will have no internet connection there. If you would like, feel free to email me, as I will have my phone.
****** Please do not expect me to reply right away, each day. Note that I am with family on holiday. Thanks.
kylerpaige@aim.com

No comments:

Post a Comment